Disclaimer: papaya can cause an allergic reaction in people allergic to latex
This recipe is a delicious fruity alternative to a mango or pineapple salsa. Papaya is not too sweet so its perfect for a savoury, spicy salsa.
This recipe is so easy and so quick but very tasty; I love it with fajitas or nachos!
- 1 large tomato
- Half a papaya, with skin and seeds removed
- 0.5 tsp chopped garlic / 1 small chopped clove
- 1 tsp crushed ginger (I used pre-crushed from a jar)
- 0.5tsp chilli flakes
- A quarter of a small red onion
- Juice of half a lime
- Pepper to taste
- Finely chop the tomato, papaya and onion and add to a bowl
- Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and lime and black pepper to taste
- Stir well and leave to stand for at least 30mins before serving
- Stir occasionally
- Its that easy!! Serve with nachos, fajitas, chilli, or your favourite spicy dish