This recipe is so simple but makes a very tasty coleslaw-esque side dish.
It is crunchy and zingy, and with a mild aniseedy flavour. Perfect alongside a potato salad
- 1 fennel bulb
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 0.5tsp fennel seeds
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed or mashed / 0.5 tsp if from a jar
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Slice the fennel as thinly as you can
- Put in a large, flat bottomed container, like a lunchbox, so the fennel will get maximum exposure to the lemon juice and flavours
- Add juice of 3 lemons, the fennel seeds, garlic, ground black pepper and 2 pinches of sea salt
- Stir, cover and refrigerate
- Stir occasionally
- It will be ok to eat within 30minutes but the flavour is best if left overnight to pickle and so the flavours can infuse.
Its that simple; enjoy! 😊